Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Theo-cracy


Theo Van Gogh goes to heaven and is appointed keeper of the pearly gates.



Since cartoons seem to be in fashion, I thought I'd roll my own. The profet is not portrayed, mind you, so can I sleep soundly or am I on the hit list now too? One never knows, with such delicate sensibilities...

If you are wondering about the goat-fucking bit, this is from Theo Van Gogh's entry at wikipedia:

Van Gogh rejected every form of organised religion. In the late 1990s he started to focus on Islam. He caused widespread resentment in the Muslim community by consistently referring to them as geitenneukers (goat-fuckers). Although it is not clear whether Van Gogh actually coined the term geitenneukers, he certainly popularized it. He felt strongly that political Islam is an increasing threat to liberal western societies, and said that, if he'd been younger, he would have emigrated to the U.S.A., which he considered to be a beacon of light in a darkening world.

Beacon my ass :). But, like Voltaire might affirm, I don't have to agree with everything he said in order to be pissed that he was butchered for saying it.

No comments: