Friday, December 09, 2005

The good, the bad, and the beautiful


As I was coming down Lisbon's Chiado, speakers were shouting tepid christmas music into the street. Some sort of plastic voice radio presenter explained how we should all be happy that the city hall decided to give us this oportunity to do our shopping to the sound of bottled ,predictable, hypnotic, boring christmas music. It reminded me of BusTV and made me sick.

But a little further down, I heard some very nice playing of drums. This girl with a very friendly smile was playing her drums while her friend asked passerby's for coins. They were also giving a couple of little puppies away.

It was all so nice and warm and cute, I just stopped there and made a drawing of them.

Some beautiful things manage to survive even the Christmas rush.

No comments: