Tuesday, August 02, 2011

The one who got away





Today I went on the subway without my pad. Three crumpled white sheets had to make do instead. A whole parade of interesting characters were riding today - a very stern man who could be a marble bust, a couple of punk girls (one with blue hair), and two very opposite extremes, one with very wide mouth, the other with a long thin skull. I am happy with my catch.

I lost the very most interesting portrait, though. A girl with the most amusing and singularly warm expression. I couldn't get a proper angle, at first, and then when I was about to start, my station arrived. I would have proceeded where I not so damned british about keeping a schedule. For shame! I really wanted that portrait done!... Better luck next time, I hope...

No comments: